Barbee Chain of Lakes Homes for Sale
Included below are homes for sale on the Barbee Lake Chain. If you would like more information on any of these Barbee Lake Chain real estate listings, just click the "Request More Information" button when viewing the details of that property. We can provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of homes recently sold nearby, and more.
The Barbee Chain of Lakes in Indiana is known for its recreational opportunities, including fishing, boating, and water sports. The chain consists of seven interconnected lakes, including Big Barbee Lake, Little Barbee Lake, Irish Lake, Sawmill Lake, Sechrist Lake, Banning Lake, and Kuhn Lake.
- Fishing: The lakes are home to a variety of fish, including largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie, and catfish. You can fish from the shore, a dock, or a boat.
- Boating: You can bring your own boat or rent one from a local marina to explore the lakes. The chain consists of both all sports ski lakes (boating, skiing, tubing) and non ski lakes which have a speed limit of 10 mph, making it a great place for paddling, kayaking, and canoeing.
- Swimming: There are several public beaches around the lakes where you can swim, including Betsy Ross Beach, Kuhn Lake Beach, and Oswego Beach.
- Hiking: There are several hiking trails around the lakes, including the Barbee Lakes Trail and the Tri-County Fish and Wildlife Area Trail.
- Birdwatching: The lakes are home to a variety of bird species, including bald eagles, great blue herons, and ospreys.
- Golfing: There are several golf courses in the area, including Tippecanoe Lake Country Club and South Shore Golf Club.
- Ice fishing: In the winter, the lakes freeze over, and ice fishing is a popular activity.