Top 20 Tips for Getting your Home Ready to Sale
When listing your house for sale, your top goal will be to get the house sold for the best price possible! There are many small projects you can do to ensure this happens!
Top 10 Tips to Improve Your Home's Curb Appeal
1. Give your entry a facelift with either a new coat of paint or a new front door.
2. Don't forget to landscape your yard! A well groomed lawn shows buyers that the home was taken care of.
3. Make sure all exterior lights are in working order & replace bulbs as necessary.
4. Wash all windows (inside & out). You don't want to take away the great view with dirty windows!
5. Clean out your garage! Consider getting a storage unit to store any non-essential items.
6. Depending on the time of year, add a pop of color by planting flowers.
7. Remove any lawn ornaments that you will want to bring with you to your new home.
8. Replace a worn out welcome mat to welcome buyers as they tour the home.
9. Paint or replace the street numbers on the house, making them more visible.
10. Power wash any outdoor surfaces to give them a "like new" feel (siding, sidewalks, driveway, etc)
Top 10 Tips to Make Your House Feel Like Home to Buyers
1. Clean everything! A clean home will allow buyers to picture themselves in the space and not distract them.
2. Give every room a purpose - even if you used it as a bonus room, giving it an identity will help buyers.
3. Let the light in! Bright rooms feel warming & inviting, dark rooms feel small & gloomy.
4. Fix anything that is broken! Buyers will notice & may offer less for your house if repairs are required.
5. Unclutter your house! Thinning out your closets & pantries will show how much room is actually available.
6. Fresh paint & new carpet are the top 2 things you can do to help your home sell faster and for more money.
7. Organize the kitchen! Store any non-essential, small appliances & clean all surfaces.
8. Before your home is shown, empty all trash bins & hide any dirty laundry.
9. Make sure all doors & windows open & close smoothly. Fix any squeaks on bedroom or closet doors.
10. Replace burnt out light bulbs with new ones & make sure all switches work.
I provide all my clients suggestions for getting their house ready for sale which includes finding local contractors who can help. Contact me if this is the year you will be selling your home!